Professor Patty Cake's ® 2019 New Year's Resolutions
1) Increase PPC social media presence and be more consistent with posting on the PPC blog
2) Make "wellness" a priority
3) Giving myself permission to say "No Way" * Stay tuned for an upcoming blog on this topic!*
Years ago when I was a school principal, I developed the RICE process to help myself with goal planning and monitoring. When I say RICE, I am not talking about the food, but now that I think of it I could go for some shrimp fried rice. Really though, in this case, RICE stands for: Reflect, Identify, Commit, and Evaluate. A description of each step and the questions that I asked myself as I move through each step are below:
1) Reflect: Which areas (personal, professional, and or project-focused etc.) have been successful for me? Which areas have been unsuccessful and are in need of improvement?
2) Identify: What barriers, internal and external, have prevented me from achieving success. What existing supports/tool are available to help me reduce/mitigate/eliminate barriers so that I can achieve success?
3) Commit: What actions am I willing to commit to? What are the deal breakers and non-negotiables that I am unwilling to commit to?
4) Evaluate: How will I keep myself motivated to follow through with established actions? How will I hold myself accountable for completing these actions? What is my pivot point if I find that my actions are ineffective? How will I know when my goal/resolution has been achieved?
To show how the RICE process works, I will walk you through it using one of my New Year's resolutions.
Resolution #1- Increase PPC social media presence and be more consistent with posting on the PPC blog.
Which areas (personal, professional, and or project-focused etc.) have been successful?
- The PPC client base has increased two-fold in the last few years.
- We are averaging 5,000+ blog views/month.
- New partnerships and modes for communicating with potential followers and clients have been established.
- There has been a significant reduction in the number of blog and social media posts during 2018
What barriers, internal and external, have prevented me from achieving success.
- I was overextended and lacked time to devote to blog and social media
- I had an erratic schedule and a lack of consistency in work and childcare schedules.
- My "people pleasing" nature led me take on more and more projects/jobs because I feared I was letting people down if I didn't do so.
What existing supports/tool are available to help me reduce/mitigate/eliminate barriers so I can achieve success?
- My youngest child has started preschool and I have family supports available to help with childcare.
- We moved into a new house with a dedicated office so I can work from home when I am unable to go to PPC headquarters.
- I have financial security and resources available to obtain additional staffing and devote more of my time to social media and the PPC blog.
What are the actions that I am willing to commit to?
- I will invest in people, products, and services to help me streamline/delegate my workload so I can devote more time to social media and the PPC blog
- I will build a tribe of supporters and partners who understand and are willing to assist me in achieving my resolution.
- I will be mindful of my time management and workload.
- I will create realistic boundaries and stick to them.
- I will develop a weekly schedule that optimizes productivity and reduces stops and starts throughout the day
- I will scheduling designated time daily/weekly to devote to blog writing and social media posting.
What are the deal breakers and non-negotiables that I am unwilling to commit to in my pursuit of improvement?
- I will not sacrifice my health or engage in workaholic behavior to achieve my resolution.
How will I keep myself motivated to follow through with established action steps?
- I will divide larger tasks into smaller actions and develop mini incentives to reward follow-through.
- I will share success with my tribe.
How will I hold myself accountable for completing each action step?
- I will track/chart progress and success monthly.
- I will share my goals with my followers/colleagues and schedule regular check-ins to report progress.
- If after 2 months of following these steps, I am unable to increase my social media presence by 20% and meet my monthly blog target, I will make an adjustment to my plan.
- I will have increase my social media presence by 50% and have at least 1 blog posted/month during 2019.
|Hello 2019! I've got my #BossBabe #LVPlanner #Starbucks and I am ready to go!!|
Need career coaching or a speaker for your next event? Visit us at www.professorpattycake.net or call 1-866-932-4454 today!