How do you create the perfect positive affirmation?- When crafting your positive affirmation you should keep the following things in mind.
1) The positive affirmation should be worded in the present tense. For example, stating "I am" rather than "I will be."
2) The wording of a positive affirmation should be positive. (I know this seems obvious but you would be amazed at how quickly we fall into saying "I am not " rather than saying " I am")
3) A positive affirmation should be brief, specific to you and your situation, and easily remembered.
Some of examples of positive affirmations for educators and job seekers are as follows:
Educators in General
- My students benefit from my passion and expertise.
- I believe in my teaching skills and ability to meet the needs of my students.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to make a positive impact on my students' lives.
Educators Seeking Jobs or Transitioning
- I am ready and able to take the next step in my teaching career.
- I am a skilled educator open to new professional opportunities.
- Any school (or insert name of school) is lucky to have me as an applicant for their open position.
Intrigued by what you read here? Contact us today to learn more about our career coaching services and to connect with one of our certified career coaches!
Professor Patty Cake ® Consulting, L.L.C.
Empowering Educators; Improving Education